Product Manager, Homes Guest
The Homes Business focuses on helping guests experience the world in a more authentic and meaningful way by staying with gracious hosts who offer their own unique spaces and hospitality. Our guests connect with those hosts through the Airbnb marketplace, which is unlike any other in the world.
About the Guest Team
The guest team’s mission is to make it easy for guests across the world to find the perfect home and enjoy the perfect stay. This is your chance to work on a core consumer product used by millions of people. We obsess over every detail of the experience across the consumer-facing product surfaces on our website and mobile apps. We’re setting out to build the future of travel, and we need your help to make it happen.
About the Role
This role is for the PM equipped with a bent for solving technical problems and an equally strong ability to drive business strategy and communicate to any audience. You will lead core parts of the guest experience on Airbnb, with a focus on helping guests find the perfect place to stay. Your roadmap will include investments ranging from machine learning algorithm development to user research on how travelers think about date flexibility to design sprints on how to communicate our value proposition to new users. You will be an expert in Airbnb’s marketplace dynamics, and people will lean on you for understanding the complex effects of product changes we make. Because the work you do is so central to the Airbnb product, you will be expected to serve as a thought leader championing cross-team initiatives.
- Set the mission, vision, strategy, and goals for a world-class product team consisting of engineers, data scientists, product designers, and product marketers
- Partner with engineers and data scientists to solve deeply technical problems
- Represent the team’s work to all levels of company leadership
- Guide large parts of the organization through making difficult tradeoffs
- Develop new metrics to measure complex marketplace behavior, feedback loops, and long-term effects
- Think like an economist about the complex ecosystem dynamics of the Airbnb marketplace, and the role we play in that marketplace
- Understand the impact that products like search, recommendations, and merchandising have on guest behavior and (by extension) on hosts
- 8+ years of Product Management experience
- 2+ years of experience with online marketplaces, search products, or ranking/recommendation systems
- BA/BS in a technical/analytical field, such as computer science, math, statistics, or economics
- Experience working with machine learning teams
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership. Ability to lead and influence teams.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Big thinking. Should be able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there
- Strong analytical thinker
Back to top