Product Manager, Design Language System
The Infrastructure Team's mission is to build leverage for every Airbnb employee through technology - enabling all teams to quickly build high-quality, secure, scalable and compliant products and services. As part of the Airbnb Platform, we are a force-multiplier, scaling technologies for production, data, developer tools, design, information security and IT for every team and user within the company.
About the Team
The Frontend Platform team creates building blocks that power user interfaces of Airbnb sites and apps. Our mission is to make development as easy and fast as possible, without compromising quality. We own common components that help other teams build experiences for hosts and guests of Airbnb, we build leverage for employees to be successful, and we own some shared products like messaging that span across all of Airbnb.
About the Role
The Product Manager on the Design Language team is responsible to deliver highly impactful end-user and internal customer facing products that impact the entire company. The PM is responsible for curating a vision, setting goals, and executing on initiatives across design, engineering, and across individual business units at Airbnb.
- Define goals and strategy for Airbnb’s design user experience infrastructure: from idea to implementation
- Work collaboratively to build and deliver against a vision spanning design, engineering and all of Airbnb’s business units
- Understand the needs of an extremely broad base of internal customers, while still delivering maximum, measurable impact to the creation of the highest quality end-user host and experience
- Build and evangelize Airbnb’s Design Language system, a unifying set of collaborative tools, assets and processes that enables Airbnb product design
- 5+ years delivering software in a product management role
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with design tools and infrastructure; familiarity with frontend development across web and native applications
- Experience executing large scale, cross-team, cross-functional projects
- Exceptional strength building alignment, working with diverse groups, and getting buy-in from a large and growing organization across business goals and disciplines
- Experience shipping cohesive consumer facing software, partnered with design and engineering functions
- Experience with systems design
- Experience with WCAG 2.0 web accessibility standards and tooling
- Experience building and shipping products that span enterprise and consumer needs across a range of business scenarios
Back to top