Product Legal Counsel, APAC
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
Singapore is home to many and a host to all of our offices here within Asia Pacific. As the business epicenter for APAC, the Singapore office looks after many of the challenges each country brings and plays a vital role in moving Airbnb forward in the region.
Our APAC Legal Team is growing and we want you to be part of it!
As a Product Counsel reporting to the Senior Product Counsel, you will help our fast-growing businesses in APAC navigate through product, privacy and data security issues. You will also work on Airbnb’s new initiatives such as the recently launched Experiences.
- Advise product, engineering, local operations and business teams on a broad range of product compliance issues, including tourism, e-commerce, consumer rights, privacy, data security and industry-specific regulations.
- Provide pragmatic day-to-day advice to manage legal risks while advancing business interests and ensuring an excellent customer experience.
- Effectively collaborate with international colleagues, whether in APAC or in the US, to provide globally aligned legal advice that appropriately balances local and global perspectives and needs.
- Help design, implement and iterate legal department and compliance processes to keep up with hyper-growth.
- Qualified in a major jurisdiction.
- 5-10 year post-qualification experience, including ideally at least 2 years of relevant in-house experience within a technology MNC.
- Fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English is essential.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in navigating highly ambiguous environments, especially in emerging markets.
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Some international travel required.
- Driven, high integrity, self-starting, adaptable, excellent judgment, strong sense of humour and love for fun and adventure.
“Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way.” – Abraham Lincoln
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top