Product Lead, Payments Compliance Products
- San Francisco, CA
Product Manager, Payments Compliance Products
At Airbnb, if there’s anything related to money, it comes to the Payments team. We are building a world-class payments and commerce organization - one that currently supports 191 countries, 70 currencies, connects dozens of payment providers and banks, processes multiple billions of dollars, and empowers more people to participate in our global marketplace.
Who We’re Looking For
First and foremost, we’re looking for people who know and use Airbnb and believe in what we’re trying to accomplish. Airbnb is a marketplace that connects guests and hosts but provides the level of trust needed to enable each transaction. Payments is central to creating that trust, which is why Payments is a core and strategic part of Airbnb.
The Product team is at the center of all of the activity on our team. We play the role of conductor, enhancing our engineers, designers, and data scientists to build great product experiences. Our Payments Product Managers own and lead outcomes related to foundation, growth, and empowerment. This means our PMs set the vision and strategy, the roadmap, and executing on the plans that are developed.
Our Payments product organization has 2 domains:
- Payments and Commerce platform - facilitating money movement and exchange of value while also fueling growth for our business,
- Payments Risk and Compliance - ensuring safe and efficient payment processing,
This role is in the Payments Risk and Compliance domain. The Compliance Products PM role will help us build our compliance products from the ground up. As Airbnb expands globally and into new business verticals, our compliance products need to scale up as platform capabilities. In collaboration with Compliance leadership, you will define the strategy for Compliance products, ensuring we’re able to protect and grow our community with best in class payments products. You’ll work with a cross functional team of engineers, data scientists, compliance operations, and legal to develop the core of our compliance products, and then scale globally. You’ll also partner with the Compliance team to ensure the safety of the payments that flow through Airbnb. If this sounds like an interesting challenge to you, we’d love to meet!
- 7+ years building payments, Compliance or risk related products in a product management role
- Platform product management experience, building products that can be leveraged by a variety of business customers
- Understand the needs of your customers, prioritize, continuously building and iterating
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details
- Ability to create partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization
- Exceptional decision making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?
- Thrives in a startup environment: loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- Compliance: prior experience working with compliance including AML, KYC, BSA, MTL. Fintech experience strongly preferred, experience collaborating with external auditors
- Technical chops: experience as an engineer, data scientist, analyst, or operations
- Growth mindset: effectively balances the need to protect the community with the need to grow the community
- Global perspective: experience with global payment programs and global teams
- Operations: experience working with operations teams, making smart investments in tools and workflow processes to scale up the team
- Scale: knows how to start small but build big
Back to top