Product Lead - Guest Experience
Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to accommodation and travel. We develop products that connect millions of travelers with local hosts around the world to provide an authentic travel experience.
As the Product Lead for Search and Guest Experience you’re responsible for the product strategy and vision to help the next billion guests find their perfect home on Airbnb. You’ll be managing teams working on our core search user experience and backend ranking/ML.
What you’ll do:
- Define the product strategy for Airbnb’s core search/marketplace.
- Work alongside the Engineering, Design, Data Science leads on the Search Leadership team.
- Prioritize resources and projects to maximize our growth and create high-quality products.
- Incubate new channels, ideas and strategies.
- Hire, manage and develop a team of 4+ Product Managers
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years managing a team of product managers
- Excellent understanding of marketplaces and strong interest in how it works “under the hood”
- Strong analytical skills and ability to answer questions with SQL
- Excellent understanding of experimentation and A/B testing
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills. Ability to work between teams, functions and geographies, with high autonomy and little guidance.
- Proven management and development abilities.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Vision and Storytelling: able to persuade everyone from the Board and CEO to the 100+ ICs on the team where search and core product needs to go for Airbnb. Can communicate with data, with story, connecting business needs to amazing user experience.
- Data, analytics, problem solving: comfortable with data, understands experimentation, asks the right questions, describes their process, frameworks/structures/systems experience (tracking, attribution) is a strong plus
- Growth mindset: learner, hacker, sees obstacles as challenges, persistent, has “grit”, comfortable with uncertainty and change, doesn’t leave things to random chance, challenges the status quo
- Communication, collaboration: cross functional work with multiple stakeholders, can speak other people’s language (engineering, data science, product, etc.), convincing, persuasive, can explain complex things in easy way
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top