Product Lead - Communities
The Product Management Lead for Host Communities is responsible for driving our strategy for building strong relationships with our hosts globally, and supporting their relationships with the local communities where they live.
Our vision for a host-led world requires us to build and retain a highly engaged community of hosts all around the world. These hosts must feel supported by Airbnb, connected to each other, allowed by their local laws and welcomed by their community.
The PM Lead will partner with engineering, design, data science, policy and marketing to deliver on our vision for legitimized, inclusive and engaged hosts. Our Communities Team looks after 3 pillars of hosting today:
- Cities, partnering with the global policy team to build first of a kind technology supporting the legitimization of hosting all around the world
- Inclusion, working with our guests, hosts and civil rights experts around the world to ensure that people of all races, ages and abilities have equal access to amazing experiences
- Community development, including our Superhost program, to build a holistic approach to supporting our very best hosts and giving them access to benefits, each other and the Airbnb team so we continue to have the best community in the world.
Skills & experience
The ideal candidate has:
- Extensive Product and PM Leadership experience
- Experience managing multiple, disparate product lines with an integrated strategy
- Fluency working with a mix of internal and external stakeholders, including local governments & regulators, civil rights groups, policy / legal teams, peer teams with mutual dependencies
- Track record of management excellence, developing incredible leaders from their direct reports and peer teams
- Outcome oriented - not reactionary; ability articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution - can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
- Experience as a current host or traveling as a guest on Airbnb is a major plus
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top