Product Lead - China
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
China is the world’s largest, and fastest growing, outbound travel market. At Airbnb we want to help the new audience of Chinese millennial travelers explore the world through our local experiences, personable hosts, and unique accommodations.
We’re looking at how we localize our product for China, build new products for the market, and succeed in the unique ecosystem of mobile, BAT and regulation. We have a team today of Product Managers, Designers and Engineers across San Francisco, Beijing and Singapore.
This person will lead our product development for China, working with our executive team and leaders in design and engineering to shape the vision for Airbnb in China. This role will spend a significant amount of time in San Francisco in 2016, and help figure out our local team in Beijing with a high likelihood of being based there in the coming years.
- Set the vision and goals for our product teams focused on China
- Deliver nights booked and quality user experiences
- Work with other product teams to support a great China product
- Hiring and developing our product managers and teams in Beijing and San Francisco
- Lead our expansion of product into our Beijing office, setting us up for local development
- Lead product for a consumer mobile application
- Launched consumer products to a Chinese audience
- Connected and in touch with the Chinese product ecosystem
- 6+ years building products
- 2+ years managing Product Managers
- Be located in Beijing
- Be able to travel between SF and Beijing regularly
- Speak fluent Chinese, good English
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top