Press Secretary, US Western Regional
Founded in August of 2008, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
On the Public Affairs team we are responsible for telling Airbnb’s public policy story worldwide. We lead the communications strategy and act as the company’s voice on a range of topics including government regulation, taxes and legal matters. We're a fast growing, high-energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest teams, come tell us your story.
We are hiring for a US Western Regional Press Secretary position that will work closely with the PR, policy and legal teams to help maintain and advance the company’s position with relevant stakeholders. You will help tell our story to a wide range of journalists and community members in a wider range of media markets throughout the western half of the United States on the many ways Airbnb makes cities better places to live, work and visit.
You must be comfortable and confident in working directly with journalists; managing media enquiries on deadline and helping design and deliver communications plans supporting policy and brand objectives. We’re looking for an effective and creative communicator who has the ability to explain complex ideas in simple ways.
This will be a temporary position based in San Francisco.
- Support public affairs communications in the western region of the United States, based out of Airbnb offices in San Francisco, California.
- Design and deliver comprehensive, market-specific communications plans
- Develop written materials - story pitches, op-eds, messaging guidelines, Q&As, briefs, presentations, talking points, etc
- Help train and prepare company spokespeople for public speaking engagements, media interviews, etc.
- Understand the media market and key players covering the company
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years PR/Public Affairs experience, either working in a PR agency or in-house; preference to those with political campaign experience
- Good knowledge of public policy matters - more specifically relating to housing, technology, or the sharing economy.
- Proven-track record working on communications initiatives involving policy matters
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-functional leads in a matrix organization
- Excellent writing skills with samples to share
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top