PR Specialist – Latin America (6 Month Contract)
We have an immediate opening to fill a 6- month contract position for a talented PR specialist who will be based in Miami and will require travel to the region for various comms-related initiatives. As part of the Airbnb Public Relations team, you will contribute to the overall communications strategy for Latin America and help manage PR activities in key markets throughout the region. Your role will also require you to work across an array of in-house departments including local operations, public policy/affairs, community, marketing and social media.
You must be comfortable with and have experience communicating directly with journalists; managing agencies and/or various teams; and developing strategic communications plans and press materials in-language. You must also have strong media contacts throughout the region and familiarity with the media landscape in various key markets such as Buenos Aires, Mexico City and Sao Paulo to name a few. We are looking for effective and creative communicators who have the ability to explain complex ideas in simple ways and who like multi-tasking as much as working on a multicultural team.
The Communications team is responsible for telling the Airbnb story around the world. Whether it's speaking to media and bloggers, hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, the Communications team is the voice of Airbnb. We're a fast growing, high-energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest Communications teams, come tell us your story.
- Managing communications activities and strategies for Airbnb in Latin America, with a key focus on Brazil, Mexico and Argentina
- Contribute and collaborate with the Global communications team on launch events and ongoing press activities.
- Handle day-to-day media inquires and briefings in Latin American markets.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders across the business including marketing, social media, and community teams to develop communications campaigns that support the business goals.
- Develop written materials, press pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, briefing books and presentations.
- Work with company spokespeople to train them for public speaking engagements, media interviews and events
- 6-8 years experience in Public Relations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience running PR campaigns from start-to-finish in Latin America
- Strong business/consumer/lifestyle/travel media contacts in Latin America
- Experience in managing projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing skills, with samples to share
- Unwavering verbal communications skills in any situation
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
- Ability to work with international teams and quickly develop an understanding for the cultural differences
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
- Ability to travel throughout Latin America as needed, approximately 30%
- Fluency in Spanish and English (Portuguese a plus)
- Experience working for a tech or travel company
- PR agency experience
- Experience in social media/digital communications
- Experience creating and leveraging partnerships
Back to top