PR Specialist DACH & CEE
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The Communications team is responsible for telling the Airbnb story around the world. Whether it's speaking to media and bloggers, hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, the Communications team is the voice of Airbnb. We're a fast growing, high energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest Communications teams, come tell us your story.
This position will be based in Berlin and will report to the PR Manager for DACH & CEE but you will also provide support to the PR Manager for Russia and Nordics. Your priority market will be DACH with the rest split between CEE, Russia and Nordic. You will help to drive the communications activities across several markets, developing PR campaigns & materials, liaising with agency partners, handling media enquiries and gathering stories from within our host community and from our platform.
You must be comfortable and confident in working directly with journalists; managing media enquiries on deadline; helping design and deliver communications plans; and supporting the production of events. We’re looking for an effective and creative communicator who has the ability to explain complex ideas in simple ways.
- Provide support to communications activities in DACH, CEE, RUSSIA AND NORDICS
- Your priority market will be DACH but you will also provide support for CEE, Russia and Nordics.
- Develop PR materials - press releases, pitches, Q&As, blog posts etc
- Act as a liaison with agency partners in both countries
- Handle incoming media enquiries
- Liaise with regional and global members of the Communications team
- Develop interesting and newsworthy storylines and pitch to media
- Liaise with our host community over media opportunities
- Support on press events and trips
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluent in both German and English with any, additional languages including Russian is a plus
- 3-5 years PR experience, either working in a PR agency or in-house
- Excellent writing skills
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
- Experience working on projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
- An international outlook and passion for travel
- Ability to travel between priority markets and elsewhere, sometimes at short notice
Please send your CV in English.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top