Policy Initiatives Lead
We are looking for a Policy Initiatives Lead based in San Francisco. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Airbnb and the sharing economy, and have proven experience in managing teams and processes to build consensus among various stakeholders on high stakes, rapidly evolving policy issues. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional ability to work across disciplines to achieve transformative results. Such a candidate may have developed their expertise through experience in the corporate, public, or nonprofit sectors. Experience in a campaign, startup e-commerce, or other high-growth, fast-paced company would be an advantage.
- Work with the Director of Global Policy Development to manage a highly skilled and motivated team charged with engaging with cross-functional teams business wide to develop, implement, and evaluate solutions to complex policy issues with significant business impact.
- Support the development and implementation of Airbnb’s policy priorities by working with various business stakeholders to foster consensus and shared action plans.
- Supervise and direct necessary research, writing, and other collaborative activities to ensure that high stakes business decisions are informed by all available information from key internal stakeholders.
- Manage policy development processes to ensure legislative and regulatory advocacy support the future growth of the global business.
- Guide the Policy Development team in advising teams throughout Airbnb on public policy matters to guide development of products, services, and policies.
- At least 10+ years experience working with policy issues in a relevant business or non-governmental organization, or in a political, governmental or regulatory context (a mix of public and private sector experience is an advantage).
- Degree or advanced degree level in related field.
- Direct policy experience, preferably in one of the following fields: tourism, land use, housing, landlord/tenant law, trade, tax law, public safety, national security, or e-commerce/internet regulation.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills; ability resolve complex and unfamiliar problems in a creative and timely manner and gather/analyze information skillfully
- Ability to navigate complex internal organization, with the skills to confidently negotiate issues
- Ability to manage and prioritize several competing projects or tasks
- Acute attention to detail; very organized
- Ability to be flexible, responsive, take initiative, and close the loop on all communications and projects
- Proven track record of effective project and people management; meeting deadlines under pressure
- Ability to influence people and manage effectively in ambiguity with little input or direction
- Strong interpersonal skills to create easy working relationship with internal team, as well as external constituents and partners
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, both for subject matter experts and the layperson.
- Self starter with a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to work long hours and adapt quickly to adverse situations
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top