Policy Digital Email Specialist
The Airbnb Policy Digital team is defining and leading the conversation about the benefits of home sharing around the world. Email is one of our main tools to engage our community and encourage them to take action. Initial focus in this role is primarily on email production and campaign execution and will be central to driving personalized content that aligns with testing plans at an increasing scope and scale. Great candidates for the Email Specialist position will be quantitative, detail-oriented, and excited about creating innovative, measurable campaigns to advance the goals of Airbnb Policy.
This is a temporary role based in San Francisco.
Oversee a multi-faceted global email program that is a crucial tool in organizing the home sharing community to take action in support of fair and clear home sharing regulations on a local and national level.
Key areas of emphasis:
- Understands the art and science of using email as a political engagement and advocacy tool
- An expert in both the high level strategy and day-to-day tactical implementation of email campaigns
- Deep familiarity managing email related workflows and email service provider relationships
Write and edit action oriented emails in the Airbnb voice that:
- Drive measurable advocacy goals - such as encouraging supporters to send letters to their elected officials in support of home sharing.
- Drive the growth of the Airbnb Policy email list in key markets.
- Tell the story of our community and our policy victories.
- Inform our community about policy changes and new home sharing laws that may affect them.
Manage the day-to-day implementation and execution of email globally.
- Email production and testing. Write, design, optimize, test and track global public policy email campaigns.
- Segmentation and email list preparation, using SQL queries and ExactTarget (other email service platform experience is accepted, i.e., BSD, ActionKit, etc.)
- Project management. Execute email campaigns from start to finish while holding to strict deployment dates.
- Quality Assurance. Serve as point to ensure all email content is accurate, localized, and optimized.
- Reporting; use data analysis to compile performance reports and dashboards.
- Structure and implement experiments to drive optimization (e.g., test creative, copy, audience segments, etc.)
- Collaborate with Airbnb local offices and various departments on email marketing execution.
- Act as the main liaison between the Policy Digital team and the internal online marketing team, holding regular meetings to align on our email calendars, report on key email metrics, and collaborate on email campaigns
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience and proven track record running advocacy oriented email campaigns for political campaigns, organizations, and/or big brands.
- Experience with email platforms and production environments with a strong preference toward expertise with ExactTarget and Blue State Digital.
- Proven experience in A/B and multivariate test design, execution and analysis
- Proven experience in execution of complex, multi-step emails
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS including responsive design
- Basic to intermediate SQL knowledge
- Strong email writing skills, including the ability to adapt tone and voice to help achieve actionable goals.
- Ability to work independently - self-starter with a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast moving, creative and sometimes stressful environment.
- Collaborative team player in a multi-task work environment - produce the highest calibre work product under aggressive deadlines.
- Innovative and creative - create and optimize internal processes that respond to ever-shifting objectives and challenges.
- Passion for advocating and advancing home sharing around the world.
If you’re interested in the Email Specialist position, please write us a cover letter in the form of an email that explains why you would be a great candidate for the job, and calls out one or two previous projects that showcase your skills building action oriented email campaigns.
Back to top