Policy Researcher - EMEA
Airbnb’s Public Policy Team helps civic stakeholders around the world understand the impacts of Airbnb, sustainable tourism and the sharing economy. We need to win hearts and minds in order to support our community’s growth and the sharing economy as a whole. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Airbnb, the sharing economy, sustainable tourism and economic development.
We’re building a brand new economy, and we need to understand its impacts. So, we’re looking for someone who can help us write economic impact and other studies in house, and help us manage the various studies that we’ve commissioned from external consultants.
We value creativity, travel, connecting people, adventure and cultivating the best work culture anywhere. We think we're changing the world and we are looking for people who are driven to do the same.
The Public Policy team at Airbnb is looking for a full time employee to support the policy team with data analysis and research. The team member will be involved in the following types of projects:
- Supporting the European policy and government relations team with data analysis
- Preparing economic impact reports for cities and countries across the EMEA region
- Administering and analyzing surveys
- Miscellaneous research and analysis tasks to support the local and international Public Policy and the Communications Teams
- Potentially coordinating with academics to support various research initiatives
- Educational and professional background in economics, policy or planning
- Very strong analytical skills, comfort with Excel, GIS
- Experience with survey creation, administration, and analysis
- Experience with large databases and raw data
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills- ability to present analysis and complex ideas in a digestible format
- Well-organized, attention to detail
- An interest in the sharing economy and an understanding of cities and policy work
- Independent worker with the ability to deal with fast-paced, quickly-changing work environment is a must!
- Fluency in English and French
- Familiarity with SQL a plus
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite package
Closing date for application: 16th November 2016
Back to top