No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, and we brainstorm nonstop.
We’re looking for a Payroll Lead who enjoys taking on new challenges and is looking for a role that will continually evolve and expand as the company grows. This role is high touch, which involves lots of face time (read: talking and meetings) with various teams within the company. This role is perfect for someone who is not afraid of the unseen, can make decisions on the spot and is willing to learn an exceptional amount of new things.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an excellent organization, prioritization and communication skills. A strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines consistently, working under pressure and high integrity is a must. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager in directing the processing, auditing, and reconciliation of multi entity payroll, including reconciliation of wages and overtime, calculating, recording payroll inputs, processing requests for off-cycle payments, final pay and additional duties as needed. This position reports to the US Payroll Manager.
- Lead the team to process bi-weekly payroll in US and Canada on Workday Payroll
- Verify payroll input, including time reported by non-exempt employees, and the output for completeness and accuracy
- Work closely with HR Ops, Benefits, Accounting, Compensation and Equity teams to create and maintain payroll operational efficiencies
- Help create and setup processes that maintains and/or improve the daily operations within the Payroll/Accounting/Finance Department.
- Review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Thoroughly understand and stay updated on US Labor / tax laws
- Audit Annual/Quarterly payroll taxes for 20 + states
- Resolve complex payroll questions and provide exceptional customer service to internal customers, our own employees
- Assisting with various ad hoc projects and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of previous payroll experience
- Experience with Workday HRIS and Payroll
- Knowledge of applicable IRS regulations and requirements concerning payroll
- Ability to manually compute payroll deductions and calculations
- Experience working with spreadsheets, automated accounting systems
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top