Payments Legal Counsel, APAC
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
We are looking for a Payments Counsel to support Airbnb’s payments activities in Asia/APAC. The position, based in Singapore reporting to Airbnb’s Deputy General Counsel - Payments, Insurance & Commercial Transactions, is responsible for day to day support of Airbnb’s payments related commercial, product and regulatory needs in the APAC region.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Inform strategic decisions around licensing, registration and consumer protection for financial products and services in the region
- Maintain licenses and registrations for payments activities, including financial and administrative reporting (as appropriate).
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure that all affected business units are educated regarding payments licensing requirements and positioned to facilitate compliance
- Partner with payments product team, via payments legal team at HQ, to support product development and launch of new payment products in the region
- Partner with the payments business development team to support local partnership opportunities
- Partner with (non-payments) legal team in the region to share information about payments regulatory, product and business development in the region.
- Qualification to practice law in Singapore; qualification in another APAC jurisdiction may suffice
- 5-7 years experience in payments
- Ability to clearly articulate licensing requirements to a non-legal audience
- Ability to operate independently while demonstrating good judgment on escalations and cross-functional collaboration (note position will report into Airbnb HQ in San Francisco)
- Ability to work closely and build trust with management
- Exceptional organization and process management ability
- High level of personal integrity, interest in payments as evidenced by related work experience, proven dedication to excellence, leadership qualities and a flexible, creative, innovative personality
- Interest and aptitude to understand processes, platforms and products in the e-commerce market
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
Back to top