Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodation and travel experiences around the world. Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where people can belong anywhere.
Airbnb’s legal team in EMEA embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the new sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunity to find creative, practical solutions. We are committed to further developing a team of talented, collaborative and self-motivated legal professionals across the globe who believe in Airbnb’s mission.
THE BUSINESS SPECIFIC BRIEF
We are looking for a bright, talented paralegal who is passionate about Airbnb and travel. Based in our European headquarters in Dublin, and reporting to our Senior Counsel, we are looking for someone who is passionate about data protection and wants to help Airbnb safeguard the privacy of its hosts and guests. The role is not exclusively privacy focussed and the successful candidate will have a broader skill set, with the ability to provide support on a variety of issues including commercial contracts, corporate matters and issues escalated by our Community Support team in addition to participating in team projects within the European and global legal teams. You role will require a high degree of self sufficiency, organisational skills and the ability to get up to speed quickly on new areas of law and function independently in a demanding fast-paced environment. You will operate as part of a supportive, fun and friendly team.
- Working on and providing support to the Legal and Community Support teams in relation to GDPR data subject rights requests and general privacy related queries from our Community of users.
- Proactively working to draft, review and revise internal processes, policies and workflows
- Providing general guidance for Community Support and other internal teams.
- Delivering training and supporting the development and management of compliance processes.
- Providing assistance on legal matters related to a wide range of legal areas including corporate, consumer rights, e-commerce, privacy, dispute mediation and litigation, general commercial, insurance, payments, short-term rental, tourism, real-estate, travel and tax.
- Working as a member of Airbnb’s Global Legal Team, participating on team projects and advising and supporting Airbnb’s employees from all over the world.
- Some international travel required.
- Creative, flexible and with a business orientated outlook;
- 5+ years relevant experience, ideally with a minimum of 2 years in-house, preferably in the technology or travel sector;
- General experience with working in an international and multicultural working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurized environment and to act decisively;
- Initiative, proactive and practical approach towards Airbnb’s business objectives;
- A passion for Airbnb with a strong knowledge and keen interest in travel.
- A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Law degree or other relevant qualification
- Excellent English (written and oral) and fluency in at least 1 additional European Language
Back to top