Operations Business Analyst
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Trust and Safety team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and it’s why we’ve worked so hard to build the trust at its foundation.
With 100 million lifetime guests, and 3 million listings in over 190 countries, trust is what makes it work. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, and we are passionate about working to create the most trusted community in the world. We are looking for a Business Analyst Functional Manager to provide strategic operations analysis, identify performance trends, scan business/industry trends, review financial analyses and interpret data. To succeed in this role, one must have a passion for driving business decisions for a risk operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use strategic thinking to see the big picture, determine the problem and understand fundamental parts of the problem
- Synthesize findings from analysis and make verbal/written recommendations to upper management
- Prepare and deliver insights and recommendations based on analyses. Tailoring those presentations to meet each audience, technical and non-technical
- Visualization of data to answer business challenges, in accordance with the Operations Functional Managers needs
- Quantifying impact of Operational performance on the overall business
- Working alongside and partner closely with T&S Leadership on tasks and projects as needed
- Occupancy/ Headcount planning, forecasting
- Budgeting recommendations and tracking
- Introducing frameworks for experimentation within Operations to arrive at an optimal performance position
- Building effective relationships with other teams within Airbnb, and outside of the company, as necessary
- Provide coaching and mentoring to aspiring analysts
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, supporting an operation team in a business analyst capacity either internally or as consultant.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills - always displaying professionalism, courtesy and a sense of humour, even when under pressure
- Strong understanding of Tableau, SQL, Excel and data visualization
- Outstanding pro-active / multi-tasking abilities
- Adaptable - ability to work on a problem without a specific software, tool agnostic.
- Acute attention to detail and follow through, high-level of organization
- Proven track record of effective project management (start to finish) demonstrated through prior experience
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing
- Exhibit strong process-oriented skills and strive to find the most efficient way to do things without sacrificing a high quality of work and/or results
- Ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize on tight timelines with limited information
- Passion for trying, learning, improving, and sharing best practices
- Flexible, with the ability to remain poised under pressure
- Employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Food program
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Competitive Salary
- And more....
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top