Online Marketing Lead
Airbnb is the world’s largest community-driven hospitality company. Every day, we connect thousands of guests and hosts online, leading to meaningful travel experiences in the real world. From treehouses to castles, Airbnb gives access to the most interesting places to stay around the world, putting you in the local scene and connecting you with unforgettable characters that become part of your story. Travel inspires some of our best and most memorable stories, and travel with Airbnb facilitates even more interesting experiences and stories that are worth sharing.
Airbnb’s Performance Marketing team is part of the Guest Growth product organization. They are dedicated to connecting travelers and hosts together using world-class acquisition and retention efforts. Through rigorous technical discipline; daring hypotheses; roll-up-your-sleeves execution excellence; and a dyed-in-the-wool love of traveling the world and acquiring new experiences; the Performance Marketing team strives to approach demand and supply generation in innovative and surprising ways.
As the Online Marketing Lead in charge of Vacation Rentals and Host Acquisition, you will manage a significant budget as well as a team of employees, vendors and agencies to help further accelerate Airbnbs acquisition efforts. Ideally you have scaled teams and acquisition programs previously and are comfortable coaching high performance people.
You will have strong domain knowledge of advertising platforms and online demand channels; understand how to work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, engineers, financial planners and business stakeholders; and how to develop and execute winning strategies while at times simultaneously also rolling your sleeves up tactically.
You will work closely with the other leaders on the Performance Marketing team and be expected to set up tests and launch targeted campaigns on a global scale. To be successful you will have to be analytical but balance that with Airbnb’s focus on user experience.
- Lead strategy and approach for our expanded efforts in Vacation Rental Markets (eg. non-urban holiday destinations) across online acquisition channels.
- Support strategy and online tests for Supply acquisition with Host team; ownership of the online acquisition portion of strategy with advisory role on master strategy.
- Define and build a flexible resourcing structure that allows a lean team to support incremental campaigns on an ad hoc basis across multiple business objectives Includes managing and hiring full time employees as well as working with existing vendor and agency resources.
- Work with Data Science and analysts to build out reporting, opportunity sizing, and marketplace liquidity insights.
- Foster an environment for cross department collaboration by working effectively with the Vacation Rentals and Host teams, Finance, Performance Marketing, Product, Design, Data Science and Corporate Communications.
- Stay abreast of new media industry trends and emerging digital channels, identify and manage tech innovation opportunities and bring fresh, creative thinking to ensure Airbnb is leveraging growth tactics in the most surprising and provocative ways.
Required Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- 10+ years of tactical online and performance marketing experience; 3+ years experience managing and scaling a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of global ad platforms (eg. Google, Facebook, DoubleClick/DBM, Atlas, Bing, etc.), SEO, tracking and analytics tools.
- Must be analytical with strong Excel/spreadsheets experience: knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communicator with all levels of an organization.
- Must be a confident presenter and comfortable putting together executive level presentations.
- Ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives.
- Agile and able to adapt quickly, operating in a high growth business.
- short term needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top