Office Administration Coordinator (6 month contract)
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
As part of the Employee Experience, the Global Ground Control Team is focused on creating meaningful experiences for the people at Airbnb through celebration & appreciation, communication & education, and space & food. The Ground Control coordinator will work as part of a team who oversee and execute on efforts related to culture and climate; including general office operations, to foster a welcoming, positive, supportive, creative, clean, and inspiring work environment for all.
The Ground Control coordinator is the ultimate host. They anticipate needs, have a pulse on the feeling of the office, and are able to take action on creating something that will improve morale, increase productivity or celebrate an accomplishment. This person is flexible, empowered, and can make magic happen at the drop of a hat. This person embodies our core values and consistently inspires the team to do the same.
*Please note at the moment this role will be 6 month contract
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Office Adminstration (in partnership with the local Ground Control Manager) --- 40%
- Brainstorm and help drive team events, food and all facets of employee experience
- Coordination, organization and execution of employee events (set-up, vendors, materials, etc)
- Be a host and a central resource for both office guests and employees alike
Employee Experience --- 50%
- Work as the EX representative of the engineering team, filter and process daily needs and help design meaningful programs to help them integrate with the whole China team
- Manage the Beijing office food program
- Partner with our finance team to support the local team by processing all EX related invoices
Internal Hospitality --- 10%
- Warmly welcome our visitors and make their experience special
- Manage, welcome and e-greet international visitors from our other offices
- We are looking for an extraordinary personality who shares our vision to build the most loved place to work in the world!
- You know how to combine excellent communication and interpersonal skills in your day-to-day job
- You have strong follow through skills and are able to execute projects or tasks with minimal guidance and supervision
- You are proactive, enthusiastic and organized in your work
- You are obsessive over details
- You're able to juggle tasks & prioritize - must be a multi-tasker
- You love to create; good is never good enough for you. You never get tired of improving things
- You have a university diploma or equivalent office-administration experience
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English
- You are highly resourceful and enjoy working in a dynamic and innovative environment.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top