Media Planning and Activation Manager, China
As a Connections and Media Activation Manager, you will develop, manage, plan and execute local campaigns from our global media programs to maximize the efficiency of Airbnb’s media budgets while working towards the campaign's strategic objectives. You will work closely with the Global Media Leads and China Marketing team to build innovative, effective and locally relevant campaigns to drive awareness and consideration of Airbnb. Success in this role means maximizing the value of our media investments to optimize reach, engagement, and impact for the Airbnb brand. This role will be based out in Beijing, China.
- Collaborate with the local marketing team to manage our local media agency of record.
- Work with the marketing and cross-functional teams based throughout the region to ensure cohesive regional media strategies focused around global go-to-market approaches. Emphasis on optimizing for media efficiency, creative execution, local relevance and campaign objectives.
- Lead China specific campaigns from development of communication strategy through campaign execution and reporting. Areas of focus include communication planning, media mix development, media planning, performance measurement, budget management, online tracking, buy evaluation, and optimization. Passion for understanding the various consumer segments by market and their media behaviors is essential.
- Foster an environment for cross-departmental collaboration by working effectively with Brand Strategy, Product Marketing, Creative, Brand Activation, Finance, Performance Marketing, and Corporate Communication teams.
- Drive in-region communication to ensure campaign execution and performance information is passed to the right stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of new media trends and emerging channels in China. Identify and prioritize innovation opportunities and bring fresh, creative thinking to ensure Airbnb is leveraging media in the most surprising and provocative ways.
- Provide exceptional team leadership with a focus on clarity of vision and direction, well-defined roles & responsibilities, employee engagement, mentoring, development and retention.
- Passion for travel and all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience at interactive, advertising or marketing agencies and/or experience managing media buying for a brand—preferably in the consumer internet space in travel, design, technology, or lifestyle brands.
- Ability to lead plan development from beginning to end with little oversight. Must be able to think think holistically but also ensure the details are nailed.
- In-depth knowledge of the efficacy of all media channels, with a proven track record in offline media along with social and digital media. Deep understanding of market trends and fluency with brand measurement metrics and analytics.
- Experience in managing Chinese media programs evaluating strategic, local media partners.
- Ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives across global markets.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top