As a Mechanical Engineer you will own the design and development of a core technology for a proprietary building system. You will be responsible for designing from first principles and conducting deep and thorough research. You will be expected to work closely with the Design and Architecture team as the technology will be user-facing. You will be responsible for concept generation, performing calculations or simulations, detailed design, identifying the proper tests for design validation, testing prototypes and using all available resources to produce the best product possible.
Role & responsibilities
- Own the design of a core technology for residential buildings.
- Perform engineering calculations or simulations to support design and justify decisions and requirements.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers to mechanically integrate electrical components.
- Collaborate with members of a cross-disciplinary team to harmonize different complex systems.
- Collaborate with Design and Architecture teams to ensure that the subsystem is engineered with a high degree of aesthetic quality.
- Ensure compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Create engineering drawings and other design documentation to produce and mechanically test prototypes.
- Design parts for ease of assembly.
- Develop parts for manufacturing and design with long-term intent.
- BS in Mechanical or Structural Engineering with 6+ years of industry experience.
- Knowledge of high volume manufacturing methods including casting, sheet metal forming, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of prototype processes including CNC machining, laser cutting, waterjet cutting, 3D printing, etc.
- Experience with mechanical testing, including load testing, impact testing, fatigue testing, environmental testing, etc.
- Proficiency in CAD Software (e.g. Siemens NX, Solidworks, etc.)
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Back to top