Marketing Operations Manager, China (2 years Contract)
Airbnb’s marketing team are storytellers, creators and relentless community champions, responsible for sharing the Airbnb love around the world by creating magical, memorable, shareable experiences that inspire and grow our community.
Airbnb’s China Marketing team is looking for an extremely organized, self-starter to take on an operations / program management role supporting multi-market, multi-discipline projects and team operations across the region for an exciting, fast-growing brand and in a team that loves to work hard, play hard and laugh hard.
Reporting to the China Marketing Lead, the Marketing Operations Manager will drive planning, process, routines, and internal communications within the team, and between the teams and its many stakeholders and partners, including an array of functions within Marketing in headquarters and in regions, as well as with our internal business partners and 3rd party vendors.
Responsibilities (Program Management):
- Deploy and embed globally-agreed upon processes and workflows, designing and proposing new processes where none have been defined, consulting with Program Management Lead on best-practices and strategic reach of operational ideas
- Working within program management tool ecosystem, establish timelines, RASCIs, project plans and trackers, communication hubs and updates to the team and stakeholders, ensuring everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Ensure projects are being delivered on time, Identifying opportunities and threats as they arise. Course correct quickly and as necessary
- Partner with Program Management, resource managers and functional producers to ensure adequate resource allocation
- Support planning on a bi-annual and project-by-project basis.
Responsibilities (Financial and Team Coordination):
- Manage marketing finances, including the annual and quarterly budgets, prompt approval of supplier invoices, partnering with finance to ensure accurate monthly accruals, identifying over / under-spends and reinvesting / pulling back investment swiftly, and tracking team’s progress against travel and expenses;
- Run intra-team routines – as well as routines with key partners (agencies, China leadership, Regional leadership, Marketing leadership, quarterly and annual planning)
- Plan and oversee Marketing team events/offsites from initial idea to final execution while adhering to timelines and communicating with the team as the event planning progresses.
- Enable clear, consistent and timely cascade of information across team and with the global team.
- Plan and manage team events/offsites.
- 8+ years' experience plus relevant education in marketing/advertising, preferably in an online business
- Willingness to approach projects with a can-do attitude and create process where one does not exist
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives, while remaining focused and calm
- Solid project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives
- Must be analytical with robust excel / spreadsheets experience and proficient in project management and communications means and methods
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, able to calmly and confidently communicate with all levels of the organization
- Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies
- Fluent in English and Mandarin-both listening and writing.
- Passion for travel, creative, and possessing an entrepreneurial spirit and strong simplifying and problem-solving skills
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top