Marketing Manager Mexico
Brand Marketing Manager, Mexico
Mexico City, MX
Airbnb creates the world’s definitive magical travel experiences, and our marketing is as magical as the travel itself. Not only is our marketing the world's most inspirational, we are also respected for having one of the world’s most effective approaches to building both an iconic brand and an incredibly successful business. Our marketing leads (does not follow) popular culture. Our community drives vast momentum and eagerly co-creates with us all over the world. Due to the phenomenal impact we have made in terms of brand consideration, brand love and brand loyalty, Airbnb is THE brand that defines this generation.
Latin America is an exciting emerging region for the Airbnb business and we aim to aggressively develop our footprint there.
In order to advance the business, we seek a Brand Marketing Manager, Mexico who will report to the Senior Brand Marketing Manager, LATAM and will be based in Mexico City.
S/he will be responsible for supporting and implementing marketing programs to establish a strong brand voice and drive profitable growth, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams such as PR/communications, growth marketing, design, consumer strategy & insights, product marketing, community, and country leadership.
In addition to exceptional discipline expertise and being highly detail-oriented, the successful candidate will demonstrate a natural disposition to hosting in their daily activities, a drive to play just as hard as they work, a passion for creativity, and humor.
- Develop local marketing plans for greatest business and brand impact, in accordance with seasonality, time-sensitive opportunities, maximized earned media, community engagement, and brand health metrics
- Collaborate across functions, markets and regions, to develop highly effective, creatively excellent integrated brand marketing campaigns, including but not limited to: advertising, social, digital and experiential conception, development and production, media strategy, execution, optimization, and program reporting, ensuring all marketing activities feel local and personal
- Lead the management of creative and media agency partners, fostering best-in-class and highly productive agency partnerships
- Enable and support localization, ensuring all marketing activities are locally relevant and personal, leveraging as possible existing strategies, content and plans for improved productivity
- Manage analytics and reporting for brand health and marketing activities working closely with Consumer Strategy & Insights, Media Managers, FP&A and other analytics teams
- Organize and manage regular routines across disciplines. Ensure seamless flow of information between global, regional & local teams
- Conduct and disseminate regular AARs (after action reviews) on projects including results, lessons learned and best practices to Global, regional and local internal and external partners
- Manage and track brand marketing budgets and ensure effective budget use, meeting or exceeding efficiency targets
- Work with HQ, finance and operations on budget forecasting and actualizing; ensuring timely SOWs and contracts with partners at all times; provide regular activity updates and reconciliations
- Passion for Airbnb & travel. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- 10+ years experience plus relevant education at marketing agencies or client-side marketing, with preference for at least 2 years in brand marketing on the client side in the consumer internet space of travel, design, technology, or lifestyle brands
- An integrated marketing mindset, passion for creative excellence in storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written, with solid experience in brand and creative strategy, off- and online media, including social, SEO, SEM, measurement & analytics, project / campaign and agency management
- Excellent written and oral communication in Spanish and English, a keen visual sense, attention to detail and a quick wit
- Solid and proven leadership capabilities, building teams / networks, and communicating across national boundaries a must
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top