Market Manager, South China
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
Beijing is a fast, up-and-coming office and home to the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Our small and extremely capable team of Beijing-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market.
To support our continuing growth in this region, our China Host Community Operations (HCO) team is expanding and we want you to be part of it!
The Market Manager within the Host Acquisition team will mainly focus on market expansion and supply development for Airbnb in South China (Guangzhou, Shenzhen, etc). The key objective is to make Airbnb supply competitive in top and dominant tier 1 cities. This role has the critical responsibility of developing our host network, accelerating the growth of our supply in the China market, and ensuring that high-quality listings span our area of focus.
- Responsible for setting a targeted strategy, executing and iterating on these strategies in market
- Ownership of overall market health in a competitive market
- Share key learnings to the territory and regional team
- Look for scalable and attributable levers to achieve territory objectives
Strategic Market Development
- Identify key barriers / levers that can have significant impact on market and work with stakeholder to address
- Build network relationship with key local influencers who has with the ability to build further partnerships
- Be the internal and potentially external POC (Product, Marketing, PR)
- Understanding Airbnb demand so we can build appropriate supply
- Devise and scale high quality acquisition
- Run efficient host acquisition activities in the market
- Manage the key host accounts
- Lead projects initiated by Global or China on host acquisition
- 5 years+ professional experience in startup-type environments
- Knowledge of and experience in the vacation rental or travel industry
- Analytical abilities to identify high-impact opportunities and objectively evaluate projects
- Experience working cross-functionally with product, policy and marketing teams
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever changing startup environment
*This role will start in Beijing but will be based ideally in Guangzhou or Shenzhen after a 2-3 month orientation.
**Please send an English version of your CV.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top