Market Manager, Mexico
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We are seeking an ambitious, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial and high-spirited individual to join us as Market Manager for our Mexico City office. This individual will focus on the overall supply health of a group of Airbnb markets in Mexico. This role has the critical responsibility of ensuring that high-quality listings span their area of focus. You will further develop our host network and accelerate the growth of our supply in the market. Your previous sales experience, executional discipline, resourcefulness and market understanding will be required for this role.
Business Ownership and Strategy
- Ownership of overall supply generation plan execution and results in your assigned markets;
- Responsible for the market health of your assigned destinations;
- Monitor competition in assigned territories and provide competitive insights to the team;
- Responsible for designing, setting, executing, reporting and iterating on targeted in-market strategy and tactics;
- Provide and channel up key learnings and product gaps to the team in a concise and structured way;
- Drive scalable and attributable levers to reach objectives and key results.
Acquisition and Account Management
- Owner and responsible for coordination with team to execute overall strategy for supply acquisition, supply quality, account management and optimization in assigned territories;
- Support top tier accounts as first POC;
- Support scalable acquisition programs such as field sales and affiliates;
- Coordinate with Market Coordinators team account management activities and ensure high marks in accounts satisfaction.
Strategic Market Development
- Be the undisputed market expert for your assigned territories. Serve as the internal and external point of contact of your destinations.;
- Identify key barriers/levers that can have significant impact on market and work to address with proper stakeholders such as Public Policy and Comms teams;
- Establish partnerships with key local influencers who can drive supply such as a Destination Marketing Organizations (DMO) and related associations;
- Attend in-market relevant market trade shows or events;
- Be resourceful to acquire in-market leads and apply a quantitative approach to support tactics efficiency;
- Maintain a high degree of predictability on assigned markets supply efforts outcomes. Create and maintain an accurate supply acquisition forecasts.
- 7+ years professional experience in sales. Previous experience in fast moving organizations / start ups is a plus
- Highly proactive, goal-oriented, strong interpersonal skills
- Self managed with a highly motivated personality
- Analytical abilities to identify high-impact opportunities and evaluate projects
- Experience in growth hacking with a resourceful and quantitative approach to problem solving in fast-growing markets
- Experience working cross-functionally with different functional teams
- Can represent the Airbnb tone and brand in public-facing communications
- Proven track record as a self-starter who can hit OKRs, and execute in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Local knowledge - previous field operating experience (West & East Beach markets, top 3 urban markets)
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish is mandatory
- CRM proficiency (Salesforce is a plus)
- Passion for Airbnb, travel, and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus!
Back to top