Manager, Strategic Planning & Analysis
We are looking for a Finance Manager with 8+ years of relevant finance and/or consulting experience to join our Strategic Planning & Analysis team to support both the Customer Experience (“CX”) and the Trust and Safety (“TnS”) organizations. The CX team strives to provide instant, authentic help for our hosts and guests to overall improve each user's experience on Airbnb, while the TnS team keeps both our users and our community safe. You will be charged with financial and operations-driven forecasting and reporting, long range planning, and analytical support to optimize customer experience and trust and safety operations.We're looking for someone who both thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for Airbnb and our community. The team is small and works closely with senior leaders across the organization.
- Drive strategic planning cycle and partner with business leaders to develop robust financial forecasts and reporting; translate financial results into operational recommendations to optimize the business at scale.
- Own forecast activities and models and prepare presentation materials that provide visibility into Airbnb's financial results for company management and our Board of Directors
- Conduct financial modeling and analysis; develop recommendations for improvements to workforce planning processes and align business priorities.
- Define goals and own performance reporting around key metrics. Collaborate with data science, operations leads, product managers, and finance to understand changes to key metrics.
- Collaborate with leaders in the business to define departmental goals and own reporting of operating metrics as well as financial performance.
- Manage implementation timeline and track results of cross-functional initiatives.
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 8+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A), management consulting, or investment banking, ideally with exposure to technology and/or travel industries.
- Strong consultative communication and relationship-building skills; ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and make actionable recommendations.
- Strong modeling skills and ability to perform complex analyses using large datasets from multiple sources to uncover business drivers and generate insights.
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow within the Airbnb community and embody our Core Values; team-oriented with a positive attitude.
- Highly organized, independent, and self-motivated; commitment to delivering consistently accurate and high quality work product.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn SQL and/or financial planning systems is a positive.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top