Manager, Sales Operations - Business Travel
Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations from around the world - online or from a mobile phone or tablet. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing number of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions. No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
Airbnb is putting together a highly motivated sales team to further the Airbnb mission of providing inspiring travel experiences for our hosts and guests, focused specifically on the Business Travel (Corporate Travel) sector. Collectively with the team you will be modernizing the business travel experience in a one trillion dollar industry.
The Manager Sales Operations (MSO) directs Airbnb for Business’ salesforce effectiveness and manages functions essential to salesforce productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, and sales compensation design and administration.
The MSO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the Global Director of Business Travel, the MSO fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success. The MSO will manage a team of Sales Operations’ specialists.
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the Global Director of Business Travel, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect Airbnb’s business goals.
- Responsible for equitably assigning salesforce quotas and ensuring the firm’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the Global Director of Business Travel and Airbnb IT to understand the company’s sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancement to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurement and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate salesforce reporting initiatives.
- Works closely with sales leadership and Talent, establishes a salesforce training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of field and HQ training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Working with Talent and senior sales leadership, designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance and Talent to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of Airbnb for Business initiatives.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for Airbnb for Business.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Reports to the Global Director of Business Travel.
- Directly manages a support team made up of Sales Operations Coordinators, Analysts or Specialists.
- Directs the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate management resources.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and sales and support personnel.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution; masters in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five years of sales or sales management experience in a B2B sales environment.
- Minimum five years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, as well as work independently and in a team environment.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills required.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong social, written and verbal skills.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Salesforce and marketing automation tools.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professional and consistent work habits, strong work ethic, driven to achieve company goals.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top