Manager of Global Sales Programs
Manager, Global Sales Programs
This is a new senior role within The Host & Community Operations (HCO) team.
The Manager of Global Sales Programs will lead a small team responsible for developing and executing a strategy to acquire hosts at scale. The team will work with internal partners and external vendors primarily to recruit, activate and retain hosts via inside and outside sales channels. The team will directly impact one of Airbnb’s most critical initiatives by growing the number of hosts and strengthening engagement with our host community.
The Manager of Global Sales will manage a small team who are responsible for execution of individual programs and assisting development of the global strategy. The core goal is to create a successful global host acquisition and activation program that contributes meaningfully to company growth goals. In the future it may also include developing programs to support additional business goals (e.g. host quality) or utilize additional channels. The role requires working closely with internal functions (e.g. Customer Experience, Legal, BizOps, FP&A etc) and external vendors.
The ideal candidate has significant experience developing inside sales and/or field sales programs for products/services targeting consumers or small businesses. Ideally this will include experience working with vendors and executing in a rapidly evolving global organization. They must be comfortable with constant experimentation, numerical targets and being involved in hands-on execution as the team is small.
- Develop and execute a strategy to cost-effectively acquire hosts at scale including meeting numerical targets
- Manage a small team of program/project managers
- Select, onboard and manage key vendor relationships
- Interpret data to identify opportunities for performance improvement and implement
- Execute experiments to optimize host acquisition and test whether the inside sales channel can achieve other business goals (e.g. listing quality, host engagement)
- Ensure strong project management and communication with stakeholders
- Work closely with global and regional leadership within the Host & Community Operations team to ensure alignment with business goals
- Build strong collaborative relationships with cross functional stakeholders (Legal, CX, IT etc)
- Ensure our approach to host acquisition is aligned with our values as an organization
- 10+ years work experience including experience in program management or operations and 3+ years inside sales or field sales management
- Proven ability to lead and develop others
- Proven track record at achieving sales or customer acquisition targets
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Strong analytical and planning skills with experience making data-driven recommendations & decisions
- Ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally at all levels
- Experience managing external vendor relationships
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, comfortable with pressure and ambiguity
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to personally drive & track execution of programs
- Willingness to travel
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Passion for Airbnb and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus!
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top