Manager, Growth Strategy & Analytics
Role & Responsibilities
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. As such, it has collected a diverse set of numerical, textual, visual, and unstructured data, which can be mined for insights that will propel our community and product forward. We are looking for a talented Manager to join our Growth Strategy & Analytics team, who can help us unlock these data-driven insights to support continued growth at Airbnb.
This role will be a hybrid between data scientist and strategic business consultant; we’re looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, someone who has the technical savvy to manipulate unstructured datasets and also the business acumen to transform raw data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain Airbnb’s Marginal Efficiency model for paid marketing channels, analyzing historical drivers of direct marketing performance in order to increase our understanding of the business, guide the allocation of funds, optimize our marketing ROI and improve the accuracy of our growth forecast
- Help run Airbnb’s global business forecast, regularly providing product and marketing input into forecast updates. Work with Data Science to improve forecast accuracy by exploring cutting edge statistical modeling approaches.
- Lead initiatives to scale team efforts through automation
- Partner cross-functionally with Marketing, Finance, Data Science and Engineering teams to test, evaluate and report out on efficiency of paid marketing channels
- Help define new metrics and build dashboards to provide better visibility into performance of growth channels
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to better understand drivers of business success and key growth levers
- Present findings and recommendations to senior leaders throughout the company
Skills and experience:
- BA/BS in a quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, statistics, econometrics, computer science); advanced degree is a plus
- 6+ years’ industry experience in data science, analytics, economic consulting, or similar role
- Solid experience with building common statistical models (e.g., logistic regression), with knowledge in advanced methods including Generalized Additive Models and Random Effects Models
- Expert knowledge of SQL and relational databases, and expertise with programming in R or Python
- Understanding of various marketing channels not required, but preferred
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Strong communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/ senior management clearly and concisely
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top