Manager, Global Host Standards & Management
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where you can Belong Anywhere - it’s about traveling to new places and exploring unique spaces with the guarantee of a positive guest experience.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and analytical leader to ensure the quality of a new tier of homes on Airbnb.
This person will develop and execute a strategy to ensure hundreds of thousands of homes across hundreds of cities and dozens of countries meet rigorous quality standards. A successful strategy will not only be cost efficient, but also highly effective at identifying and remedying issues found in these homes without driving significant churn in supply.
The ideal candidate will not only be analytical, but also have a deep understanding of scaled operations supported by product and technology. They will have the ability to communicate across levels from specialists to executives and lead a team ranging in skillsets and seniority. This role will manage both external vendors and internal employees and contractors. The candidate must be comfortable interfacing directly with hosts to gain feedback on the programs they create.
This role is part of a new team working on a high visibility and constantly changing product, so the candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
- Develop the quality strategy for homes, determining all touch-points required to ensure quality is maintained and improved throughout a home’s lifecycle
- Own home quality operations, developing and executing the playbook to expand the program globally while ensuring cost efficiency and high effectiveness and accuracy
- Create programs and initiatives that engender host loyalty in the midst of asking hosts to continually maintain quality in their homes, ensuring host retention remains high
- Work closely with product and data science to develop guest feedback and host standards system, developing processes to continually parse guest feedback and verify home quality
- Manage contractors and internal employees that own the host relationship, including inbound inquiries from hosts and outbound host outreach
- Identify potential vendors and partners to scale programs globally
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and reporting and deliver insights to broader team
- Develop and continuously update documentation and coaching materials
- Work closely with a multiple cross-functional partners, including product, product marketing, engineering, design, research, data science, FP&A, legal, and global on the ground operations
- 10+ years experience in strategy consulting, program or product management, or global operations managing operationally-driven processes at large scale leveraging product and technology
- Direct experience building a strategy, launching it, and scaling it globally
- Leadership experience, including directly managing and growing a team
- Ability to clearly develop and document processes; experience working with business process outsourcing vendors is a strong plus
- Ability to develop a strategy, communicate it clearly and get buy-in and support to execute
- Ability to work within a matrix, solve problems and influence cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills; ability to coach and manage others and clearly share insights with team through both written and verbal presentations
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent multiple projects and execute on tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills; competency in spreadsheets is a must; familiarity with SQL a very strong plus
- Passion for Airbnb, travel and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus!
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top