Manager - Global Host Recruitment & Retention
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where you can Belong Anywhere - it’s about traveling to new places and exploring unique spaces with the guarantee of a positive guest experience.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and analytical leader to build and execute the strategy to acquire, recruit, and retain hosts for an upleveled tier of homes on Airbnb. A successful strategy will both inspire and enable hosts to join the program.
The ideal candidate will not only be analytical, but also have a deep understanding of sales, marketing, and communications. They will have the ability to communicate across levels from specialists to executives and lead a team ranging in skillsets and seniority. This role will own all inbound and outbound campaigns to existing and new hosts, leveraging a globally distributed workforce of employees, contractors, agencies. The candidate must be comfortable interfacing directly with partners and hosts to gain feedback on the programs they create.
This role is part of a new team working on a high visibility and constantly changing product, so the candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
- Develop and own the host value proposition, determining levers to motivate hosts to join and stay in the program
- Own the host acquisition and conversion lifecycle, identifying the highest potential host segments, optimal messaging and campaign cycle, and most ROI positive tactics, channels, and segments
- Working with regional market management teams to build and execute host acquisition programs
- Create programs and initiatives that engender strong host loyalty to the program, ensuring retention remains high
- Manage telesales vendors that educate and motivate new and existing hosts to join program
- Manage vendors, contractors, and internal employees that own the host relationship, including inbound support inquiries from hosts and outbound host outreach
- Work closely with product and data science to improve host product experience and conversion
- Manage contractors and internal employees that own the host relationship, including inbound inquiries from hosts
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and reporting and deliver insights to broader team
- Develop and continuously update documentation and coaching materials
- Work closely with a multiple cross-functional partners, including product, product marketing, engineering, design, research, data science, FP&A, legal, and global on the ground operations
- 10+ years experience in strategy consulting, program or product management, sales, and marketing
- Strong experience managing an acquisition and conversion funnel, executing campaigns, and optimizing messaging and incentives
- Direct experience building a strategy, launching it, and scaling it globally
- Leadership experience, including directly managing a globally distributed team of employees and partners
- Ability to clearly develop and document processes; experience working with business process outsourcing vendors is a strong plus
- Ability to develop a strategy, communicate it clearly and get buy-in and support to execute
- Ability to work within a matrix, solve problems and influence cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills; ability to coach and manage others and clearly share insights with team through both written and verbal presentations
- Excellent analytical skills; competency in spreadsheets is a must; familiarity with SQL a strong plus
- Passion for Airbnb, travel and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus!
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top