Manager - Global Host Field Operations
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where you can Belong Anywhere - it’s about traveling to new places and exploring unique spaces with the guarantee of a positive guest experience.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and analytical leader to lead the strategy and management of a globally distributed field operations team verifying and photographing a new tier of homes on Airbnb.
This person will develop and execute a strategy to conduct walkthroughs and professional content capture of hundreds of thousands of homes across hundreds of cities and dozens of countries. A successful strategy will not only be cost efficient, but also highly effective at identifying potential improvements in these homes while capturing professional-grade content (e.g. photography and videography) used for merchandising.
The ideal candidate will not only be analytical, but also have a deep understanding of scaled operations supported by product and technology. They will have the ability to communicate across levels from specialists to executives and lead a team ranging in skillsets and seniority. This role will manage a globally distributed workforce of thousands of contractors and agencies as well as internal employees and contractors. The candidate must be comfortable interfacing directly with partners and hosts to gain feedback on the programs they create.
This role is part of a new team working on a high visibility and constantly changing product, so the candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
- Develop the field operations strategy for homes, which includes initially verifying the quality of homes and capturing areas for improvement, while also collecting professional content to use for home merchandising
- Own the strategy for a globally distributed workforce of partners, developing and executing the playbook to expand the program globally while ensuring cost efficiency and high effectiveness and accuracy
- Create programs that engender host loyalty in the midst of identifying potential home improvements, ensuring hosts have the information and tools they need to be successful and that conversion remains high
- Develop processes and manage relationships with vendors to parse data and content from in-home walkthroughs
- Work closely with product and data science to develop in-home feedback collection system, leveraging technology and structured data
- Manage contractors and internal employees that own the host relationship, including inbound inquiries from hosts
- Identify potential vendors and partners to scale programs globally
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and reporting and deliver insights to broader team
- Develop and continuously update documentation and coaching materials
- Work closely with a multiple cross-functional partners, including product, product marketing, engineering, design, research, data science, FP&A, legal, and global on the ground operations
- 10+ years experience in strategy consulting, program or product management, or global operations managing operationally-driven processes at large scale leveraging product and technology
- Direct experience building a strategy, launching it, and scaling it globally
- Leadership experience, including directly managing a globally distributed team of employees and partners
- Ability to clearly develop and document processes; experience working with business process outsourcing vendors is a strong plus
- Ability to develop a strategy, communicate it clearly and get buy-in and support to execute
- Ability to work within a matrix, solve problems and influence cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills; ability to coach and manage others and clearly share insights with team through both written and verbal presentations
- Excellent analytical skills; competency in spreadsheets is a must; familiarity with SQL a strong plus
- Passion for Airbnb, travel and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus!
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top