M&A Security Engineer
Airbnb is built on trust. Our security team works hard to improve the security of our platform that enables millions of users to explore the world.
We are looking for people who want to make the Airbnb platform safer for millions of users around the world. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is passionate about finding security weaknesses and crafting scalable and usable solutions. We are enablers who make it easier for engineers to create secure features, not blockers. This is a ‘Mergers and Acquisitions’ (M&A) role which will guide and help grow the security posture of companies as they are acquired. If that mission sounds exciting to you, please reach out!
What are some examples of M&A-related security work at Airbnb?
- Guide and help grow the security posture of acquired companies.
- Advise on all security engineering related issues, both pre and post-acquisition, with an eye to minimizing risk and integrating systems.
- Work to identify areas of security risk, build a roadmap for addressing that risk, and work with the acquisition engineering team to see that through to completion. (Note: There may be multiple acquisitions in different phases of integration at any given time.)
- Proactively find ways to improve defense-in-depth.
- Help engineers design more secure systems via design input, code review, and penetration testing.
- Solve security risks with context-appropriate solutions.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Strong understanding of web application security.
- Experience on an internal application security team or, better yet, M&A-specific experience.
- Familiarity with adapting modern security tooling to a variety of technology stacks.
- Some development experience, ideally with Ruby on Rails and/or Java.
- Pentesting, threat modeling, and architecture review experience.
- Strong communication skills. (Did you patiently train your relatives and friends how to use Chrome and enable click to play? Awesome, me too.)
- 4+ years experience in security engineering, technical M&A work, or a related discipline.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top