Luxury Retreats - Workplace Manager
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
One of our priorities for 2017 is to grow our luxury business, which we will do through our recent acquisition of Luxury Retreats, based on Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Luxury Reterats is know for our complimentary guest support includes a team of villa specialists dedicated to finding our guests the perfect home to stay in, and a 24/7 personal concierge service to assist with details big and small.
We're looking for an experienced Workplace Operations Manager to join our team supporting the Luxury Retreats headquarters, which is home to over 250 and growing team members. An appreciation/understanding or experience in luxury or hospitality is beneficial to successfully support the ambitious business goals of expanding Luxury Retreats and integration of luxury into Airbnb.
Are you comfortable, and excel, in a fast-paced environment where the highest standards of excellence are expected? You know how to have fun at work, and bring enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain a workplace that is unique and hugely culturally driven. You wouldn't settle for delivering anything less than five-star customer service.
What you would do…
The Workplace Operations Manager is responsible to nurture a collaborative and supportive team environment across functions. The Workplace Operations Manager is responsible for the successful daily operations of the Luxury Retreats/Airbnb office, including facilities, safety & security, our tasty food program, reception as well as our shuttle program.
This includes the following:
- Facilities Management:
- Space planning and space management, including strategic planning and tactical moves/shuffles
- Managing small projects including efficiency improvements, office alterations & repairs, normal moves, adds and changes
- Managing vendors including janitorial, porter, landscaping, and transportation
- Food Program:
- Providing day-to-day leadership of our Head Chef who leads a team to deliver tasty breakfast and lunch five days a week and will a direct reporting relationship to the Global Food Team.
- Advocating for the Food Program with local leadership and stakeholders.
- Safety & Security (including Reception services):
- Working closely with the Safety & Security Team to ensure their program is delivered successfully in the office(s).
- Acting as an onsite representative of the Safety & Security Team in times of crisis if no Safety & Security Team member is present.
- Advocating for the Safety & Security Program with local leadership and stakeholders.
- Providing the Safety & Security Team with feedback about how the program is received in country.
- Ensuring that reception is providing the hospitality to welcome our guests, to quickly respond to any incoming phone calls, to be responsible for receiving any incoming deliveries, and to support cultural activities working closely with others on the Employee Experience team.
- Customer relationships:
- Serve as the single point of contact for all things related to office space.
- Understand our customers’ strategies and expectations and deliver a relevant solution. Where Global Programs are missing the mark inform global teams of the opportunities to improve.
- Leadership & Management:
- Ensure efficient delivery utilizing an effective balance of internal employees and service providers.
- Provide leadership and guidance to both internal employees and service providers in decision-making processes that drive customer value.
- Lead, mentor, and develop team members – while respecting the subject matter expertise that they and their global team bring to the table.
- Develop and monitor operational budgets for both internal and contracted resources; responsible for operational performance of service providers.
- Accountable for budgets.
- Work with Airbnb Workplace functional leads to develop consistent, reliable practices to deliver high quality, productive, safe workplace environments.
- Key Performance Measurements:
- Establish a high performance and continuous improvement culture driven by key performance metrics, benchmarking and sharing of best practices.
- Ability to strategically scale the Workplace team to support future growth.
- A high level of understanding in what, when, and whom to communicate will enable this role to achieve a great level of success.
You are someone with…
- A Bachelor Degree is preferred
- Minimum 7 years experience in managing a high-profile operational team within the Food, Security, or Facilities industries
- Demonstrated ability to lead external service providers
- Strong technical knowledge of Contract Management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to execute tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Work effectively in a matrix organization
- Fluent in English and the local language of the office(s)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top