Luxury Retreats - Human Resources Intern
Luxury Retreats, now part of the Airbnb family, is seeking a Human Resources Intern.
The Human Resources Intern supports our Employee Experience team by contributing to key projects related to employee onboarding, training, recognition and events. As part of our dedicated HR team, you will complete daily tasks that help new and existing Luxury Retreats team members feel like they belong.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to key projects related to employee recognition, including recognition events and employee surprises (i.e. birthdays and milestone anniversaries);
- Facilitate the employee onboarding process by conducting first day office tours, scheduling team member photoshoots and taking first-day photos;
- Familiarize new employees with our office, culture and values, providing essential information and resources during their first week and beyond;
- Plan, coordinate and carry out all aspects of internal company events, ensuring time and budget requirements are met while maintaining a focus on team member experience;
- Assist with photography and photo asset management for internal events and HR communications material;
- Perform monthly updates to internal reference lists including but not limited to team member birthdays and anniversaries, as well as the company phone extension list;
- Act as a host for Airbnb visitors to Montreal office, creating schedules for visitors and ensuring visitors have everything they need upon arrival;
- Track and govern team member parking with a high level of diplomacy in order to balance recognition of team member seniority, medical needs, and recruitment efforts;
- Collect HR-related expense reports including validation with company policy, collection of signatures and submission to the Finance team;
- Maintain an inventory of office keys to ensure there is an adequate supply for team members requiring access to closed offices, storage rooms, and indoor parking;
- Coordinate scheduling of employee language classes and act as the main employee contact;
- Collect training data from management to track training expenses and ensure compliance with law 90;
- Maintain inventory of Luxury Retreats promotional items and assist team members with requests for branded materials.
- Experience within an office environment, preferably within a Human Resources department;
- Strong interest in developing a Human Resources career;
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong sense of confidentiality and judgment;
- Self-sufficiency and ability to learn quickly;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top