Litigation Paralegal/Records Manager
Senior Paralegal, Litigation and Records Management
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where people can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team that is committed to our core values to achieve this goal.
Airbnb’s Legal team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations around the world. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunities to find creative, practical and cutting-edge solutions that advance Airbnb’s global mission.
We are looking for a dynamic paralegal with deep experience in litigation and records management to join our rapidly growing Litigation & Risk Team. The Paralegal, Litigation and Records Management position is responsible for managing litigation and claim tracking and support; legal holds; and discovery, as well as implementing a records and information management program. This position will report directly to our Counsel, Litigation and will partner with various members of the legal team and groups across the company to drive compliance and support litigation and records management.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, and a good sense of humor are all essential. Background should demonstrate a strong attention to detail and experience in a role involving access to and management of highly sensitive and confidential information.
Manage Litigation Support
- Manage functions and assist internal and external legal teams in all aspects of litigation and claim management, including discovery, case preparation, tracking and communication of case-related dates and information, tracker/database maintenance, litigation management software, electronic discovery, and the review and preparation of documents, reports and correspondence
- Work with internal and external legal teams to track, manage and report on current, active litigation and claims
- Monitor and calendar case deadlines
- Effectively organize and maintain matter files
- Issue and monitor legal hold notifications and train and respond to related inquiries from employees and outside counsel
- Identify, collect, and produce records and assist outside counsel in document collection and production for litigation, subpoenas and other document requests
- Assist in gathering information, data and key documents from and interviewing key custodians
- Oversee subpoena, small claim and arbitration processes
- Effectively research and summarize factual and statistical data
Manage Records Management Program
- Develop and implement company-wide records management program
- Establish positive working relationships with business partners to foster collaborative design, implementation and compliance with the records, asset and information management program
- Counsel business clients on compliance with record retention obligations
- Periodically review and update records and information policies and procedures
Required Background, Knowledge, Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Paralegal Certificate (or appropriate signed declaration from active member of California Bar) with demonstrated record for success as a paralegal
- 10+ years job experience
- High standards, empathetic and ethical approach, good judgment, well-honed organizational and analytical skills, strong oral and written communications skills, and a keen sense of humor
- Attention to detail and follow through with team attitude that no job is too big or too small
- Comfortable and confident working on sensitive issues
- Solid proficiency with litigation technology databases, litigation management tools, and electronic discovery software
- Ability to work both collaboratively as well as autonomously while effectively prioritizing competing tasks in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Highly capable of managing time and resources effectively and independently
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time pressure
- Experience creating and managing records management processes
- Prior in-house experience a plus
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top