Legal Trainee, Germany
Legal trainee (fixed term), Berlin, Germany
Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations from around the world - online or from a mobile phone or tablet. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing number of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions. No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
Airbnb’s Legal team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the new sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunity to find creative, practical solutions.
The Legal department is looking for a highly motivated trainee to work directly with the Legal counsel in Germany on a variety of legal topics including: consumer law, data protection, commercial deals, litigation, intellectual property, product-related issues, public policy etc.
- Legal support in the various matters referred to above
- Conducting research, writing legal notes and other activities directly with the Legal Counsel
- Assisting the Legal Counsel in the management of court proceedings
- Reviewing and drafting of contracts
- Working with other departments on legal issues (public policy, marketing, communication…)
- German qualified lawyer (bar admission not required)
- Strong academic credentials
- Highly collaborative person who supports their colleagues, who champions our mission and wants to win as a team.
- Relevant professional experience is a plus
- Ability to cope with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements
- Desire to learn new skills and take on challenges
- High integrity, self-motivating, adaptable, excellent judgment, good sense of humour and love for adventure and fun
- Languages: Excellent skills in German and English
Traineeship: 6 to 12 months
Please submit CV and cover letter in English
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top