Legal Counsel, Dublin
We are looking for a bright, talented lawyer who is passionate about Airbnb and travel. Based in our European headquarters in Dublin you will be a key member of our EMEA legal team and report to our Dublin-based Associate General Counsel & Data Protection Officer.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about data protection and wants to help Airbnb safeguard the privacy of its hosts and guests. The role is not exclusively privacy focussed, the successful candidate will have a broader skill set with the ability to get up to speed quickly on new areas of law and function independently in a demanding fast-paced environment. Within the EMEA Legal team we are a close-knit group of people united by our passion for Airbnb’s values, our customer community and our support and respect for each other. Airbnb is a great place to come to work every day and you would also be joining a global team that embraces diversity across its many locations.
- Assist the Data Protection Officer in advising the legal team, engineering, product, customer service and across all Business Units with regard to GDPR compliance, policies and internal training.
- Work closely as part of a global cross-functional team to address privacy-related requirements, including Data Protection Impact Assessments, breach notifications and dealings with data protection regulators, in particular, the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.
- Advise local Business Unit teams, customer service, and product teams on a broad range of compliance issues.
- Instruct outside counsel where appropriate and supervise the provision of cost-effective, business-orientated legal advice.
- Effectively collaborate with the teams in San Francisco, Asia Pacific and the rest of EMEA to provide globally aligned legal advice.
- Remain up-to-date on the relevant industry, consumer protection, and other laws impacting Airbnb’s businesses to ensure an ongoing ability to provide excellent legal advice.
- 6+ PQE with relevant experience in a law firm, government agency, and/or in-house legal department.
- Qualified in at least one EU jurisdiction.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Experience with and a genuine interest in data protection/privacy - CIPP/E qualification desirable but not essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Fluency in one or more additional languages is desirable.
- Pragmatic self-starter with a strong desire to gain experience in a fast-paced international technology business.
- Ability to give succinct, commercially driven legal advice.
- First class organisational and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritise, advise on and manage multiple projects whilst coping with shifting priorities and legal developments.
- Tech-savvy and passionate about technology with an ability to understand IT language and communicate effectively with product and engineering teams.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top