Legal Counsel - China
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
Beijing is a fast, up-and- coming office! Home to the most hospitable people you will meet, our small and extremely capable team of Beijing based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market.
The APAC Legal Team is growing and we want you to be part of it! As the Legal Counsel, China, reporting to the Legal Director, China. You will help to support our fast-growing China business. You will work very closely with the other members of the APAC Legal team as well as the global Legal team.
- Legal support for various aspects of the China business, in particular, providing regulatory, compliance and general commercial (including contracts) advice
- Support across a wide range of areas including business development, marketing, consumer rights, e-commerce, employment, privacy, dispute resolution and industry-specific regulations.
- Effectively collaborate with international colleagues, whether in APAC or in the US to provide globally aligned legal advice that appropriately balances domestic and global perspectives and needs.
- Fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English, Mandarin and Simplified Chinese is a must
- Qualified in the People’s Republic of China. Qualification in a major common law jurisdiction (e.g. a US jurisdiction, England, Hong Kong, Singapore or Australia) will also be highly advantageous
- At least 8 years’ post-qualification experience, including at least 5 years’ relevant private practice experience in a major international law firm. Prior experience working for a MNC in China is a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in internet, consumer protection, payments, and privacy laws in China and industry best practices, especially in navigating highly ambiguous situations
- Good ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Be able to accommodate both domestic and international travels
- Driven, high integrity, self-motivating, adaptable, excellent judgment, strong sense of humour and love for adventure and fun
Back to top