Lead Software Engineer - CAD/BIM
Samara is an experimental product development team at Airbnb exploring the future of human connection, building products and services that bring us closer to each other and with ourselves. We work closely with Airbnb, but operate more experimentally with the intention to push cultural and technological boundaries.
The software engineer will contribute to the development of a software framework enabling and supporting new design processes, building systems, and construction technologies.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design, iterate, deploy and maintain custom software applications and tools that streamline the design / build process potentially leveraging CAD / BIM applications and services.
- Apply extensive technical experience to solve challenging design and programming problems.
- Develop software tools to process geometry and connect applications / services.
- Assess and recommend appropriate technologies, libraries, practices and tools based on extensive industry knowledge.
- Structure the flow, storage and retrieval of geometric information between applications.
- BS degree in Computer Science.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience developing 3d software solutions.
- Experience developing extensions and working with commercial CAD / BIM applications.
- Proven ability to work with and develop desktop and server API’s.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools.
- Unity, Unreal Engine or equivalent 3D application development platform.
- Development of computational geometry algorithms.
- Git or equivalent distributed version control.
- Willingness to take charge in implementing technical solutions with little or no supervision.
- Interest in working in a very design oriented and cross-functional team.
- Hands on experience with one or multiple of the following applications: Rhino / Grasshopper / NX / Revit / Dynamo / Archicad.
- Expertise in relational databases and schema design.
- Experience with AEC simulation tools.
- Experience building cloud based API services.
Back to top