Language Specialist (Japanese or Simplified Chinese)
The Language Specialists are the guardians of the Airbnb tone, style, and voice, and the enforcers of quality and excellence in their languages. As a languages specialist, you're not only passionate about languages and cultures, but also about giving our users a native experience across all platforms.
Airbnb is a special place to work: together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and we give the best high-fives in town. You would be working in a multicultural team devoted to our international users, and doing cross-functional collaborations with all the departments in Airbnb as a service provider. If you want to shape the world of sharing economy - Airbnb is the place to be.
- Maintaining close cooperation with the Localization Managers
- Proactively pursuing excellence in translation quality and consistency across all platforms in your language
- Translating any urgent content
- Active part in the proofreading phase of all our major translation process
- Coordinating language feedback from users and Airbnb employees
- Quality checks on Translation freelancers and vendors, and answering any linguistic/stylistic doubts they may have
- Creation of language guides
- Copywriting of Marketing content, and close collaboration with our Local Marketing Specialists
- Understanding the needs and hopes of our international users
- Preparing comprehensive reports and presentations
- Native Japanese to be based out from Tokyo and Native Chinese to be based out from Beijing
- Native-level knowledge - Japanese / Chinese
- Time management skills, ability to multitask, highly organized
- General knowledge of language and culture differences
- Passion for translations and languages
- Experience with online translation software
- Hands-on translation experience both in web content and marketing
- Copywriting creative mind. SEO notions.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and Markdown
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly Employee Travel Coupon
- Paid time off
- Apple equipment
- Best high fives in town
- Much more...
We are growing, we are changing the world and we want bright, enthusiastic people to come along for the ride.
Back to top