Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 191 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
Our Design Team is growing and we want you to be part of it!
The Language Managers are the guardians of the Airbnb tone, style, and voice, and the enforcers of quality and excellence in their languages. As a Language Manager, you're not only passionate about languages and cultures, but also about giving our users a native experience across all platforms. This is a permanent role based in our Beijing (China) office.
- Take ownership of the strategy, design and drive end-to-end projects that could help achieve excellence in translation and content quality across all platforms
- Partner with translation and QA vendors to execute programs to help improve quality
- Coordinate language feedback from Airbnb users and China product team, Marketing team and more
- Creation of Language Style Guides
- Help with copywriting for content marketing initiatives
- Develop a trusted partnership with cross-functional stakeholders to receive localization support for local initiatives
- Understand and actively research the needs of Airbnb Chinese and international users
- Acts as a bridge between localization/globalization with other functions in China
- Exceptional language skills, fluency in both Chinese and English
- Project and time management skills, ability to multitask, highly organized
- Good overall knowledge of translation technology, tools and trends of the market
- Experience using online translation software and giving developing guidance
- Hands-on translation experience in both web content and marketing
- Proven experience in deploying localization and translation methodologies in order to increase quality, efficiency and support scalability
Back to top