IT Support Specialist
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The AirSupport team keeps the lights on and enables our employees around the world to work with technology in the most efficient way possible. Right now, we’re hiring someone to support a small but growing Beijing, China office. This position will be responsible for delivering the best IT support on the planet, enabling employees to innovate and operate at their peak potential. Our three main departmental objectives are to build a strong foundation of core infrastructure and services, deploy new innovative solutions, and to support the local and regional initiatives.
- Support Airbnb employees in resolving problems with Desktop, IT, AV and Communications systems
- Provide tools and knowledge to help employees remain effective.
- Design and execute projects to improve systems and operations
- Document support and operations processes
- Purchasing hardware and software
- Asset and Inventory Management
- Willingness to travel and support other offices in APAC region
- Take part in On-Call rotation support schedule
- Ability to help Airbnb employees solve hardware and software problems primarily with Apple products, including desktop and laptops hardware, iPhones, and Apple software applications.
- Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications, including Google, Box, MS Office, Adobe, WebEx, contact center tools, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
- Knowledge of Apple and Android mobile phone hardware and the ability to advise and help employees with those tools.
- Ability to support and assist employees using AV systems, both on-site and remote, including Cisco VC, Jabber, Proximity, WebEx, Apple TV, projectors, audio and video conferencing.
- Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA Service Desk, JIRA and Confluence.
- A positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Chinese and English language proficiency.
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Apple Certified Maintenance Technician (ACMT)JAMF/Casper Suite certification.
- Experience with Linux systems.
- Experience with scripting languages.
Back to top