IT Support Specialist
Airbnb has created a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from 34,000 cities with more than two million listings. We operate global, mission critical enterprise systems spanning all time zones. These systems are fundamental in ensuring our staff is able to maintain a high level of productivity. Our Information Technology team is growing and we are looking for candidates who are highly motivated and want to work with a high performing team.The AirSupport team keep the lights on and enable our teams around the world to work with technology in the most efficient way possible, enabling our employees to innovate and operate at their peak potential. This position is based in San Francisco.
- Possess the aptitude and determination to provide “above and beyond” support for Airbnb employees in resolving problems with IT, desktop, AV and communications systems.
- Develop and maintain a sense of ownership as it relates to the effective use of technology.
- Provide an exceptional level of support through a high degree of flexibility and contextual understanding.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and best practices with regards to IT support and operations.
- Take part in on-call rotation support schedule.
- Demonstrated 5+ years of experience in providing exceptional hands-on support with a variety of end-user devices, such as Apple desktops and laptops, smartphones, Apple watch, video conferencing, printers, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in making seemingly complex technologies feel simple, thereby developing a trust that extends through and beyond the IT organization.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities while meeting demanding deadlines.
- Ability to develop, document and communicate support-focused processes in collaboration with other technology teams.
- Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications: Google, Box, MS Office, Adobe, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other AirSupport Team Members in San Francisco and around the world.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top