IT Support Engineer
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The AirSupport team keeps the lights on and enables our employees around the world to work with technology in the most efficient way possible. With a mission to humanize technology, quite simply we exist to bridge any gap between our employees and the technology they use. Our three main departmental objectives are to build a strong foundation of core infrastructure and services, deploy new innovative solutions, and to support the local and regional initiatives.
- Support Airbnb employees in resolving problems with IT, AV and Communications systems.
- Document support and operations processes.
- Manage hardware and software purchasing.
- Maintain accurate Asset Management records.
- Design and execute projects to improve systems and operations.
- Minimum of two years as an in-house IT Support Engineer, or equivalent experience.
- Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA and other Atlassian products.
- Sound knowledge of information and communications technology fundamentals.
- Ability to help Airbnb employees solve hardware and software problems with Apple and other hardware products including laptop, desktop, phones, accessories and macOS software.
- Experience with troubleshooting network issues in corporate network environment.
- Experience with setup and support printer system in a corporate environment.
- Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications, including G-Suite, Box, MS Office, OneLogin, Workday and other commonly used SaaS system, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
- Experience with purchasing, inventory management, and accounting.
- Experience with a scripting language.
- A positive, service-oriented attitude, need to be a problem solver.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Willingness to travel to Airbnb offices around the world (approx. 20% will be required).
- Knowledge of administration of Apple computer products using enterprise management tools.
- Ability to support and assist employees using AV systems, both on-site and remote, including Cisco audio and video conferencing units and WebEx.
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Apple Certified Maintenance Technician (ACMT)
- Experience with Windows, Linux and virtual machines.
- Experience with Mac MDM tools (Munki, Puppet, JAMF, Casper)
Back to top