IT Operations Engineer
Airbnb is growing rapidly and we are on the lookout for high energy employees for building and expanding the Operations team. As an IT Operations Engineer at Airbnb, you will be working with the global IT Experience team solving complex, time sensitive issues in our production environment. You will be the conduit between many business and technology facing teams and help shape and improve the operability of our systems and services. Your passion for understanding, reverse engineering and analyzing technical systems will directly impact how effectively IT services operate.
Please note: To apply, you must have proven industry experience greater than 5 years. Applicants who are considered mid to senior level in experience are desired. Thank you.
Role & Responsibilities
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, reliability and availability of global IT infrastructure network and systems.
- Handle all IT system, network and application level 2 escalations
- Maintain day-to-day operations and documentation of global IT production infrastructure, including secure local and wide area networks and all other IT services 24/7.
- Participate in rotating on-call incident response after normal business work hours and on the weekends
- Develop and improve instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services.
- Proactively monitor systems, networks, and applications to provide input in improving the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of systems
- Improve operational efficiencies via scripting, bots and integrations
- Participate cross functionally with vendors and other IT engineering teams to ensure smooth project delivery
- Network troubleshooting, fault analysis, repair, and upgrade.
- In-depth experience deploying and maintaining monitoring and logging tools
- Must have strong automation/scripting skills -- proficiency in python or ruby is a plus
- Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- Working knowledge of network IP Protocols and Networking concepts EG: (DHCP/DNS/HTTP(s)/NAT/VPN/VLANs/802.1x/Wireless/Clustering/High Availability/Load Balancing)
- Working knowledge of IP Protocols (TCP/UDP/ICMP), Firewall Policy/Filtering, and Routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF/HSRP)
- Familiarity working in enterprise networks using Cisco IOS/NXOS, and Palo Alto Firewalls
- Proficiency with Linux
- Familiar with LDAP, Active Directory, and SSO
- A strong ownership attitude and a track record of taking responsibility for problems and pushing through to resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or EE, or relevant industry experience is required
Nice to Have
- Lead a operations environment
- Understanding of Google domain management and administration
- Experience working with AWS
- Familiarity with one or more configuration management frameworks (puppet, chef, Ansible)
- Knowledge of revision control software such as GIT
- Cisco Network Certification (CCNP/CCIE) / Palo Alto Networks Certification (PCNSE)
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top