IT Manager - Network, Voice & Video.
Airbnb’s mission is to enable anyone to belong anywhere! Airbnb has created a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from 34,000 cities with more than two million listings. We operate global, mission critical enterprise systems spanning all time zones. These systems are fundamental in ensuring our staff is able to maintain a high level of productivity. Our Information Technology team is growing and we are looking for candidates who are highly motivated and want to work with a high performing team.
We are embarking on a company-wide initiative to transform & re-build our global enterprise network to enable real time unified communications, collaboration and cloud services. The IT Network & Collaboration Services team are responsible for the architecture, design, vendor selection, implementation & operation of the global enterprise network solution consisting of enterprise wide design standards, global backbone, co-location facilities, internet peering, regional branch office WAN services, voice, video & collaboration services!!
Our Operational IT Manager will be responsible for establishing a robust Tier 3-4 support model to enhance operation of the Airbnb Network & voice infrastructure to run as a reliable service delivering a simple & quality user experience! The role will involve hiring & developing talent, maintaining standards, creating as-built documentation, applying change management best practices, owning Post Mortem/Root Cause Analysis and service enhancement plans to improve operational excellence for Airbnb network, voice & video services.
The successful candidate must have a strong technical & leadership background performing similar role in fast paced environment, innovative mindset, comfortable operating vendor based network, voice & video technology solutions, strong communicator with the ability to influence strategic forward looking plans while balancing the day to day tactical operations of running a global infrastructure.
- Build Tier 3 operational practice, global engineering talent and support models/processes
- Manage & lead global team located in different countries and distributed across timezones
- Operate global Airbnb corporate network that spans multiple international locations
- Manage partner portfolio, develop metric driven evaluations and lead QBR/service reviews
- Influence future strategic service direction contributing to yearly plans, roadmap & budget
- Sprint planning, release planning & daily stand-ups.
- Own major incident Root Cause Analysis/post mortem action plans
- Create & maintain Operational support documentation (as-built & runbooks) to successfully operate existing and new network & voice technology solutions to improve user experience
- Manage technology project expectations with team members and stakeholders.
- Partner with local/regional/global leadership & business to understand needs, challenges and share IT plans
- Provide Tier-3 Technical support & assistance during service impacting outages
- Assist with identifying & screening future team members.
- Coach & mentor team helping them grow and enabling them to reach their career goals
- Develop global support framework & maintain on-call schedules
- 10-15 years combined network, voice & video experience, operational incident management and delivery life-cycles.
- Preferred Experience - Global Enterprise network infrastructure, Cisco WAN/LAN/Wifi products, Cisco UC voice, SIP & Video solutions, Palo Alto firewall & VPN security solutions and Cisco Prime, Nagios & LiveAction monitoring products.
- Experience operating a global enterprise using Design Standards, Documentation and Automation
- Domestic & international travel will be necessary to manage team, partners & services
- Very strong teamwork, collaboration and communication skills
- Airbnb Stock
- $2000 USD yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Apple equipment
- Weekly happy hour
- An Incredible fun place to work every day!!
Back to top