IT Automation Engineer
Airbnb is growing rapidly and we are on the lookout for high energy employees for our expanding internal IT team. As an Automation Engineer, you will be working with the systems, networking, application and other cross functional teams to improve operational efficiencies and enhance reliability via automation You will be the conduit between many business and technology facing teams and help shape and improve the operability of our systems and services. Your passion for automating systems and processes will directly impact how effectively IT services operate.
What will you do at Airbnb?
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to identifying processes that need to be automated
- Develop tools to monitor and manage our production IT environment
- Improve and expand our ChatOps system
- Build better metrics/monitoring/alerting systems
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in technology and in IT processes.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support our internal production environment
What are we looking for?
- Confidence deploying and debugging open source and in-house developed tools in linux environments
- In-depth experience deploying and maintaining Infrastructure and log monitoring tools (Nagios, Splunk, LogicMonitor, Sensu etc)
- Incident management, problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- An in-depth knowledge of Linux fundamentals
- A strong working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, including both hardware and host-based routing, VLANs, firewalls, and load balancing.
- Expert knowledge of troubleshooting tools.
- Well-versed in Ruby, Python, Bash/Shell/Command Line, Linux
- Experience with configuration management (Chef and Ansible)
- Familiarity with AWS - the more the better
- Familiarity with Source Code Management tools
- Create comprehensive documentation to a level by which processes are reproducible by others.
- Understanding of design patterns, distributed systems and machine learning
- Work well autonomously, as well as with a global cross-functional team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or relevant industry experience is required
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top