iOS Software Engineer, Guest Store
- San Francisco, CA
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Guest Store at Airbnb
Guest Store is responsible for the end-to-end guest experience on Airbnb. We’re responsible for a range of product surface areas including the homepage, search, booking, planning, and the pre-trip experience. We also work on foundational core infrastructure that all guest teams build upon.
About the Role
We are looking for iOS engineers to help us build a delightful experience in every stage of the guest journey. You will get the unique career opportunity to work across multiple agile product teams and make a significant impact on our guest community around the world.
Your day-to-day responsibilities includes:
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers and backend engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on iOS
- Build efficient and reusable mobile components and architect reliable, performant, and scalable mobile solutions
- Follow data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate on features
- Identify areas of improvement and drive mobile best practices
Sample projects on Guest Store teams:
- Build a new app-wide navigation system that enables users to navigate and search from all surfaces
- Establish a suite of configurable components that can be plugged into any guest-facing page and leveraged for a variety of use cases
- Develop the platform that enables Airbnb to merchandise the full range of inventory types, while supporting personalization using real-time profiling systems.
- 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Swift or Objective-C iOS apps, ideally currently available in the App Store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
- Nice to have: demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Back to top