HR Talent Partner Lead
We’re the Airbnb HR team - dedicated, fun, resourceful, and dead serious. We’re tasked with one of the company’s most important goals: preserving and driving Airbnb’s amazing culture. We do this by making sure we work with brilliant, inspiring individuals and teams. It’s our job to make sure we raise the bar with every hire. We work hard - very hard - but every day, we are rewarded by the amazing, joyful people around us. We’re creating the best team in the world.
We're looking for an experienced Talent Partner Lead (HR Business Partner Lead) to join our team. A successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for building and refining processes and practices, is strong in influencing and mentoring others and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need an HR thought leader who can balance the need to be a Strategic business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude. We are looking for someone to build, develop and refine new as well as already existing tools and processes to continually drive our mission and goals.
- Partner with Business leaders and provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Participate in leadership meetings to diagnose and solve talent problems
- Advocate for your functional teams and represent their needs to the global talent team and senior leadership
- Lead and provide guidance to 1-3 Talent Partners
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation of core HR programs.
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g., performance management, rewards, mutual separations)
- Work closely with Talent COE partners to deliver talent programs and translate back feedback
- Maintains HRIS records and compiles reports from database
- Respond to employee questions timely and provide advice when it makes sense
- Mediate between team members when appropriate and escalate to senior leadership and broader talent team if necessary.
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication
- Share knowledge appropriately and proactively look for ways to raise the bar
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment
- A collaborative, thoughtful HR partner leader who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details
- Prior experience of managing direct reports or leading and mentoring others
- Strong communications and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a diverse and valuable team
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow and develop others
- Proven ability to think creatively, participate fully and work collaboratively to develop and execute programs
- Comfortable with open communication and giving and receiving open, constructive feedback respectfully
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees
- Not afraid to roll sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small
- Well-developed analytical and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues.
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top